6.09.2010

I HAVE stopped believing.

I was sorting through in my head a post examining Glee and its rank unexamined privilege that's been an explicit theme throughout the season, specifically whether having the female and minority characters rewarding the entitled ones just for occasionally thinking of them as human beings were the farty imaginary conversations its white producers/creators/bullshit peddlers wished they could have with members of the oppressed class, or was intentionally half baked and adolescent, like we all were in high school. 

But last night's finale was such a steaming turd.  I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with Heroes, and continue trying to find meaning and sense out of a show that's just trying to fill the time between commercials with another product for me to buy.  Maybe I'll get around to it someday, but I fucking doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment