If I Were Green I Would Die

This is a project at least a year in the making.  Because they didn't have more than a few balls of each, and most of the balls had been used to make samples or something, I got several skeins of Berroco Comfort Chunky for a steal.  There wasn't enough of any one color to make a sweater's worth, so I whipped up this ombre number.
Photo taken sometime long ago when I was willing to be outdoors with sleeves on

It's a Buttony sweater, and I'm happy enough with it.  I put it aside for months because the sleeves were a pain in the ass.  I had to take them out and redo them at least six times, and as you can see, they're still too wide.  The neckline is also a bit too wide, but that was a problem with me because I of course knew better than the pattern how many stitches to cast on.  But it was a nice thing to have around for the end of spring, and I'm sure sometime, months from now, it will cool off enough here to contemplate wearing it again.

On Ravelry here.

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of patience, undoing and redoing the sleeves so many times. It's satisfying in retrospect, but oh, the pain while you are in the middle of it.
    Nice blue gradation.