5.12.2009

just to throw some knitting in here...

I've been working on the Austrian Socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks, one of my favorite pattern books ever. I'm slowly working my way through all the patterns. I think this makes 5 out of 25, so I've still got plenty to look forward to.
102_3306

Since I got the book, I've grown much more comfortable modifying sock patterns if I decide something sounds fussy, but I've kept pretty close to pattern with these guys. The i-cord cuff originally called for you to do a provisional cast on and kitchnet them together, but even me, kitchner's biggest fan, couldn't do that without it coming out looking like the shittiest thing ever, so I cast on again normally, and seamed it together. The only problem:
102_3308
see that wonky seam? That's on the front of my sock, because I started picking up the stitches wherever I damn well pleased. Ah well, the next sock has that sucker on the center back where he belongs.

I am so in love with this yarn. It's Three Irish Girls Kells Sport Merino in Roisin, and it's difficult to photograph. It looks purple, right? Wrong. It's cranberry. A warm delicious looking cranberry that has just the right amount of subtle variation.

102_3307

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment